The church of St. Peter and St. Paul are from the 13th century and lost its roof in the notorious earthquake of 1913. It was restored afterwards. There are two stone colonnades on both sides of the nave and there are fragments of original frescoes on the left side of the entrance. The south wall scenes were painted in 1441. The outside was painted in the 17th century. It was here the Ottomans killed 110 Bulgarian nobles after the conquest of 1393. After this victory, the Patriarchate and its library were relocated to this small church. The last Patriarch of Veliko, Eutimus, served for two years in this place.