This theater is located next to the Maria Luisa Park, in the vicinity of the Plaza de España, since all three elements were built for Expo 1929. Specifically, the pavilion was designed by the architect Vicente Traver and Tomas. After the Expo, and throughout its history, it has suffered ups and downs and periods of decadence (floods, fires, emergence, the rise of film, etc.), until in 1985 when it was transferred to the city of Seville, where it was renovated as a cultural center. It hascapacity for 750 spectators, and houses plays, dance, concerts, and exhibitions.