You'll fancy it after the silence of the Cathedral
The whole area near the Cathedral of Granada is now called la Alcaicería. It is made up of beautiful streets full of craft, spice and incense stands. It reminds one of an Arab bazaar, and it used to be one actually, where silk used to be made and sold. Alcaicería literally means "Cesar's house" or "belonging to Cesar" in recognition of Emperor Justinian who granted the Moors permission to sell silk.
Traditionally, these bazaars were located in the centre of the city, with taverns where traders could stay, and with gates in all entrances to avoid looting and that would close at night. A few vigilantes patrolled the alleyways within the bazaar. During the night of July 19th 1843, there was a fire in one of the stores were they made matches in Mesones street and the entire original bazaar was reduced to ashes. Soon afterwards, it was rebuilt but the bazaar would never become as important as it was.