It can be called Caesarea Maritima or Caesarea Palestine. It's half way between Tel Aviv and Haifa on an ancient site that was later occupied by the crusaders and was forgotten since the 13th century. In 1950, archaeologists rescued this port city founded by Herod with Roman support from oblivion. Built on a Phoenician port, it was named after Caesar. Herod converted it into the largest port in the east, giving the city roads, aqueducts, and making it the capital of Judea. St. Paul was imprisoned here in 58. It was an intellectual center in Byzantine times, and the Crusaders used it as a port city.