This market is located in the centre of Santander, opposite San Francisco church. It is a modernist building, built in approximately 1900 over the ruins of an old Franciscan monastery. It has recently been rehabilitated by the City Council. The facade is made of stone and the structure of iron and glass. Inside there are 166 stalls selling food, primarily meat and fish. It is a food market. In the square surrounding the market there are other stalls, depending on the days there are fruit, vegetables, or fabric.