The Mount of Beatitudes is on the northwestern coast of the Sea of Galilee, on Capernaum, and is reached by a branch of the main road that goes to Rosh Pina. As the name suggests, this is the hill where Jesus delivered the "Sermon on the Mount". The land next to the church makes a natural amphitheater that descends to the lake shore. The Church is from an Italian architect in the year 1937, and he describes it in these words: "On the rolling hills surrounding the lake of Tiberias, 150 m. Tall, and similar to the Sermon on the Mount ... it was constructed in the year 1938. The Sanctuary of the Beatitudes dominates the lake from a height of about 200 m.