Palacete Rodríguez de Azero - Casino de la Laguna
The Casino de La Laguna was founded in 1899 and since then has had a number of different venues. It has been owned by Martin Rodriguez Diaz-Llanos since 1973 and is now located in Nava and Grimón No. 7, a few steps from the Plaza del Adelantado. The eclectic building was built in the early nineteenth century by the architect Mariano Estanca, in a predominantly modernist style. The corner of the building has a beautiful courtyard garden which is used as a terrace cafe bar. The Casino organizes sports and cultural activities and there is also a good restaurant, "La Tasca". In 1999, the institution received the Gold Medal of the city.