The House of Borgia
The origin of the Ducal de Gandía Palace comes from the end of the 13th century and the beginning of the 14th century. It enjoyed a period of spelndor during the time of Alfons el Vell. In the 15th century, the House of Borgia transformed it it into their residence. The 4th Duke of Gandía, San Francisco de Borja, was born in this palace. It currently belongs to the Compañía de Jesús (Society of Jesus), which acquired it from the Dukes of Osuna in 1890. It is a Jesuit residence and school. There patio is decorated with beautiful painting and ceramics.