Finally it looks beautiful after their arduous restoration of the Palacio de Comunicaciones (Communications Palace), which is its real name. Its architect was Miguel Angel Navarro and his work was completed in 1922.
Originally this area was a fishing village, and they built there to give the area a little more dignity, hence the name Calle de las barcas (Boat road), which is one of the roads behind the building.
Its style is eclectic; it has baroque, neoclassical and modernist touches.
The telecommunications tower is 30 meters high and a replica of the original, along with domes of zinc, the polychrome, and the gold leaf garlands.