Museum of the Ancient Agora
Museum of the Ancient Agora is located in the Stoa of Attalos and was restored by the American School of Classical Studies between 1953 and 1956 in order to accommodate the objects found in the excavations of the Ancient Agora of Athens. In 1957, the Greek State took over the administration and security of both the museum and the archaeological site. The best feature of the museum is that the exhibits are directly related to the functions of the Athenian democracy, reflecting the role of Ancient Agora as the heart of the city's public life. The museum also contains objects from the fifth to second centuries BC like the 5th-century clepsydra (water clock) or the 5th century ostraca.