Opposite the waterfront and within the grounds of the Zafra park, is the Interpretive Center. It was originally designed in 1909 by the director of the Port of Huelva, Francisco Montenegro. It formerly served as locomotive depot and warehouse for the Port of Huelva, but is now a Center that attempts to explain the effects of the industrial revolution and mining in this province. It is also used as a cultural center, where theatrical events take place. Admission is free.