Les Invalides is a large 17th-century building located in the 7th arrondissement of Paris. It’s very close to the Military Academy at the end of the Champs de Mars and currently houses the popular Military Museum.
Originally, the building was designed to house those hurt in war (thus “les invalides”). At the end of the 1800s, there were two museums about artillery and military history, but in 1905 they were combined to become the Musée de l’Armée which we have today.
The entire palace complex is enormous and includes various French-style gardens, a war hospital, a large museum, a housing area, a cathedral, and a store with all kinds of items and books about war, Napoleon, and French history. There’s also a cafe, and finally a church whose golden dome is one of the most recognizable points of the city and whose interior houses the tomb of Napoleon Bonaparte.