Gibraltar Parliament on the shopping street Main Street
The Gibraltar Parliament belongs to the Government of Gibraltar and is on the main shopping street of the city named Main Street and in front of John Mackintosh Square. It was founded in 1917, being a trade stop between the Library and served to the Legislature of August 28, 1969 for the Assembly by Governor Admiral Varyl Begg. The Parliament is the name given to the place where we celebrate the Gibraltar House of Assembly between the years 1969 and 2006. The substitution of the name of the Assembly House of Gibraltar is a way to reflect its increasing autonomy as they are in accordance with the new Constitution.