In the highest part of the city of Antequera
It is in the highest part of the city of Antequera, close to the Alcazaba. It was founded on the initiative of Bishop Villaescusa Diego Ramirez, head of the Diocese of Málaga and who considered that due to the growth of the city, they should request a papal bull to convert the old Collegiate Church of Santa Maria de la Esperanza. Its construction was between 1514 and 1550 and designed by architect Pedro del Campo. His style is a transition from Gothic to Renaissance. It has a grand facade that resembles a triumphal arch with pinnacles of Italian style, the tower on the right is later, in the late 17th century.