The Sołdek was the first ship built in Poland after World War II and the first seagoing vessel to be completed in there, as well. It was the first of 29 ships classified as Project B30, built between 1949 and 1954 in the Gdańsk Shipyard. The name was given in honor of Stanisław Sołdek, one of the shipyard workers whose work really stood out. It measures 87 meters long and 12 meters wide. It's located just across from the Crane of Gdansk .