San Lorenzo Cathedral
The Minor Basilica of San Lorenzo is the full name of the cathedral of the constitutional capital of Bolivia. It was built by Fray Diego de Porres during the times of the Spanish Viceroy Toledo. It was rebuilt in 1770 by Bishop Ramon de Grassy, and during the time of Marshal Andrés de Santa Cruz (1838), the old church was replaced by a new eclectic style church. This new church was designed by French architect Philippe Bestres. In the cathedral the most important things are its wooden vaults and the painted decoration over them.