Monastery of the Holy Cross
We found what remains of this convent hiding next to the University. It housed a Cistercian cloister in 1270, and now is a museum about Rostock's history and culture. We planned to visit the refectory and its famous "Altar of the Three Kings" where the oldest view of the city is preserved. What was open was the museum that houses toys, crafts and paintings by Dutch masters. Currently the simple church is part of the Faculty of Theology of the University of Rostock and is also used as a concert hall. The buildings surround a very nice little square with generous lush shade trees.