MINUBE
Continue in the app
Open
Where'd you like to go?
Do you like Épernay?
Share it with the world!
Enter with Google +

Things to do in Épernay

46 contributors

The top 22 attractions in Épernay

Wineries in Épernay
Champagne Vineyards
(4)
The world famous Champagne is produced in the small Champagne-Ardennes region. In fact, sparkling wine can only be regarded as Champagne if it's produced in this region. Someone might get confused and call a Catalan cava Champagne. Despite both being sparkling wines and composed of the same grape varieties, one would be Champagne and the other would remain Cava. One of the most famous wineries is probably "Moet et Chandon". This "house" has its warehouses, offices and shop in the town of Epernay, in the aforementioned region. Although it is the best-selling Champagne (nationally and internationally) something not many people know is that Moet et Chandon only has 15% of the vineyards here producing their wines. The remaining 85% is purchased by farm owners who cultivate vines in the same region. 85% is acquired as grape juice, then transported to the huge galleries of Moet et Chandon and their cellars. After a long process and a long rest, this juice will become the delicious Champagne.
Wineries in Épernay
Winery Moët Et Chandon
(2)
It is undoubtedly the most famous Champagne cellar in the world. Located in Epernay, a small town in the Champagne region, the name Champagne is shared amongst the cellars (as only sparkling wine that is produced here has this name). Due to the popularity of the internationalized brand Moët et Chandon, tourists often visit, but experts are not always swayed by the brand and seek other properties and go to other wineries, often discovering marvels that appear as a result of certain crops. The winery tour I found very pleasant. Obviously, large companies are often exploitative but the guide seemed very professional, the tasting was also nice, and we had some freedom to explore, though more or less kept an eye on, thousands of meters of corridors and rows and rows of bottles. I do not quite remember the time spent on the tour, but it was around 60 minutes. At the end we passed through the store (as in any museum, garden, landmark building hahaha) where we were offered classics from Moët et Chandon or other souvenirs for those that presume to know a little about bubbly. The tour costs about 16 € with a tasting of various types of Champagne. Full of curiosities, so keep your eyes open and ears peeled!
Streets in Épernay
(6)
Of Touristic Interest in Épernay
The Harvest of the Fields
The harvest of the field in France is something you have to do at least once in your life if you dare. The tours take you to small villages in the countryside where you can see the collections. There is a small winery that welcomes you to visit the cellar of its house and its large reserves of up eight billion champagne bottles in the cellar which measures 9 kilometers.
Museums in Épernay
(5)
City Halls in Épernay
(2)
Museums in Épernay
(2)
Castles in Épernay
(3)
Theaters in Épernay
(3)
Bars in Épernay
(2)
Shops in Épernay
(2)
Gardens in Épernay
(2)
Cities in Épernay
(2)
11 activities
Unusual Places in Épernay
(2)
Churches in Épernay
(2)
Historical Monuments in Épernay
(2)
Museums in Épernay
(1)
Churches in Épernay
(1)
Activities in Épernay
GetYourGuide
(15)
28.49 £
GetYourGuide
(9)
145.70 £
GetYourGuide
(85)
16.28 £
GetYourGuide
(27)
97.68 £
GetYourGuide
(10)
17.91 £
GetYourGuide
(5)
158.72 £
GetYourGuide
(15)
6.51 £
GetYourGuide
(16)
7.32 £
GetYourGuide
(13)
11.18 £
GetYourGuide
(1)
158.72 £
GetYourGuide
77.32 £
GetYourGuide
150.59 £
GetYourGuide
(6)
154.66 £
GetYourGuide
(4)
14.65 £
GetYourGuide
(1)
14.25 £
GetYourGuide
(2)
154.66 £