The Church of St. Peter and St. Paul is the largest religious building in Pointe-à-Pitre . It's practically a cathedral and is located in the Place Gourbeyre . It was built in 1807, but was rebuilt in 1867 after destruction by a hurricane. The reconstruction replaced the old wooden structure with a new metal one. The main façade has been built in Greek architecture, supported by columns and topped with triangular pediments.