Church of Saint Nicholas
This church is right on the corner of Market Square, St. Nicholas is the patron saint of the merchants in this location. It is one of the oldest churches in Brussels. It has undergone several reconstructions, it is believed that it was built on the site of a former eighth century temple. It was sacked in 1579 and partly destroyed in a bombing in 1695, the last renovation was in 1956, but the ancient parts inside have been preserved. The choir dates back to 1381, and in it there's a picture of the Virgin that's attributed to Rubens. Curiously, the Altar Mayor chapel is turned sideways.